Friday, April 22, 2011

0 Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas : Reflection

I have completed yet another thought provoking class through Walden University. In the Course, Integrating Technology across the Content Areas, I have discovered so many new ways to use technology in ways that are the most beneficial for my students. I am excited to begin incorporating the numerous ideas and activities next fall.

One technique discussed in class was the GAME plan, a lesson plan based upon goals, actions, monitoring, and evaluating. The GAME plan I developed in this eight-week course was a perfect addition to my classroom. It offered a simple way to implement an idea with my students, monitor that activity, and then make adjustments as necessary. My GAME plan to create blogs based on current event articles was extremely successful. My students not only became more familiar with the use of blogs but also were exposed to news that affects the world. The students became active and seemed to enjoy the forming opinions and analyzing the articles. I previously taught history and missed that aspect of the classroom. I was glad to be able to begin incorporating it in my technology class.

The technology that I am most interested in adding to my lessons is digital storytelling. I have never used this in my class, and I was so excited to collaborate with colleagues and read many of their ideas for digital storytelling. As a technology teacher, it will be a great way to incorporate a new form of technology as well as include other curriculum. I already have several activities planned with other teachers in other content areas. It will allow students to use digital storytelling in my classroom to complete an assignment for another class.

Overall, this class has again introduced me to new teaching strategies and techniques that will help develop the skills of my students. Every lesson has been relevant to me and has included something that I can use almost immediately in my classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment